outfit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any cohesive unit such as a military company
- n a set of clothing (with accessories)
- n gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
- v provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- Before the war a few Marine outfits had been carrier-based, but by Pearl Harbor they were all flying from land airdromes; and that was where the Navy left them.
- By week's end the question of whether borrowed outfits were hanging in the First Lady's closet had been eclipsed by the White House's gyrating attempts to explain away the affair.
- Mo'Nique, the comedian and actress, recognized the outfit.
- J Michael Straczynski in The Sun
Writer J. Michael Straczynski said: "She's been locked into pretty much the exact same outfit since her debut in 1941. What woman only wears only one outfit for 60-plus years?"
- David James in The Associated Press
There will be a lot of external references and historical references, but for us it's a game against a decent outfit and we have to win to progress,James said.
- Alla Kudryavtseva in Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
I don't like her outfit,Kudryavtseva said. "It'sa little too much of everything. ...... It was one of the motivations to beat her."