- v lose interest or become bored with something or somebody
- v exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- s drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
- I too, quite frankly, feel rather "fatigued" by the Holocaust, though not nearly as "fatigued" as were the millions who perished in it or the millions more whose lives and families .
- For example, a typical human has in his skeletal muscles an equal balance of "fast-twitch" muscle fibers (quick contracting, easily fatigued muscle tissue that generates high power .
- But when the athletes are fatigued, both the men and the women tend to make those same mistakes, placing both groups at high risk for the painful injury.
News & Articles
- Analysis: Hard choices: When the Syria aid response runs out of money
Last week, the UN launched its largest ever appeal for $4.4 billion to help Syrians in need inside their country and in refugee settings throughout 2013. But as the needs continue growing, donors are increasingly fatigued. At this cost, is the aid operation sustainable?
June 11, 2013 - IRIN
- Return to Merion for U.S. Open brings back memories for Jay Sigel
BERWYN – The way Jay Sigel figures it, he’ll be more fatigued following this week’s U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club than he was 24 years ago when he advanced to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Amateur,, also held at Merion’s historic East Course.
June 9, 2013 - Delaware County Daily Times
- Heat looking to regain edge against sharp Spurs in Finals
Fatigued Heat now 4-4 in their last eight games, while San Antonio will enter Sunday's Game 2 of these NBA Finals on a seven-game winning streak, their longest in four months.
June 7, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel