exhausted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v wear out completely
- v use up (resources or materials)
We exhausted our savings
- v deplete
- v use up the whole supply of
We have exhausted the food supplies
- v eliminate (a substance)
combustion products are exhausted in the engine
- s drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
the day's shopping left her exhausted
- a depleted of energy, force, or strength
impossible to grow tobacco on the exhausted soil
the exhausted food sources
exhausted oil wells
- s drained physically
the day's events left her completely exhausted--her strength drained
- After 19 days of furious labor the colonists were safer but utterly exhausted.
- At the end, though, his appeals were exhausted and his attempts to manipulate the system became tiresome.
- He would write out the verses, the chorus, scratch the lyrics down on the back of a takeaway menu and then, exhausted by the work, by the unburdening of his musical subconscious .
News & Articles
I disagree. I think the album stinks. Having seemingly exhausted their New York upper crust upbringing as subject matter, they are now reduced to writing generic love songs. Lame titles, weak lyrics, rote instrumentation, really, how can arms be everlasting?
June 28, 2013 - San Diego Reader
- Vitamin Drip Treatments Gaining Popularity
A fad that started in Hollywood and expanded to the wider population involves an unusual way to get nutrition. Exhausted Americans are going to private clinics on their lunch breaks to get an IV drip of what some claim is an energy-boosting cocktail. “It’s really...
June 27, 2013 - ABC News
- Market Mania Tapered In Quiet Overnight Session
It's almost as if the manic-depressive market has gotten exhausted with the script of surging overnight volatility, and following a week of breathless global "taper tantrumed" trading, tonight's gentle ramp seems modest by comparison to recent violent swings. With no incremental news out of China, the Shanghai composite ended just modestly lower, the Nikkei rushed higher to catch up to the ...
June 27, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Heath Ledger in guardian.co.uk
I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going,Ledger said.
- Castro in 940 News
Castro wrote in an essay published Friday that preparations for the parliament meeting "left me exhausted," and when he finally decided not to accept another presidential term, he did not regret it.
- Ali Babacan in International Herald Tribune
We are at the point where words have been exhausted and where there is need for action,Foreign Minister Ali Babacan of Turkey said Friday.