dog-tired : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
he went to bed dog-tired
- Outside historic Petersburg some 800 hog-dirty, dog-tired soldiers of the 1st Battalion, 8th Quartermaster Training Regiment were sleeping soundly.
- At week's end, dog-tired but cheery, Ike walked down the landing ramp at the Northolt airport near London, cracked: "This is Northolt, isn't it?.
- After hearing himself announced as new welterweight champ, Sugar Ray stood in his corner, dog-tired and happy, but not quite the world-beater he was cracked up to be.
- Tony Bennett in Sports Network
What he did was special in his terms of making the big shots,said Cougars coach Tony Bennett of Rochestie. "Down the stretch the ball was in his hands and he was dog-tired. He was so tired, but he mustered it up."
- Mike Krukow in Kansas City Royals
You can be dog-tired, coming off a 10-day road trip, with no sleep, you get to the yard, and once you get to the clubhouse or walk on that field, you're energized,Krukow says. "I'm lucky. It's a great job."