- s used until no longer useful
worn-out shoes with flapping soles
- s drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
only worn-out horses and cattle
- It all started when, given a chance to play with a scanner, Veasey chose to X-ray his own worn-out sneakers, the first of many "junk" items toys, teacups, gadgets he's .
- On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.
- In the stillness, there was only a muffled tramp! tramp! tramp! as the worn-out prisoners moved north, or a sudden, shuddering thump as an ammunition dump went off, or a dull .
News & Articles
- Lincolnwood firefighters breathe easier
A federal grant awarded to the Lincolnwood Fire Department last week will pay for new breathing equipment to replace 16 worn-out air packs and reserve bottles that are more than a decade old. The Lincolnwood Fire Department is one of just a handful of municipalities in Illinois to receive a slice of $305,877 in grants handed out by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) through the ...
June 18, 2013 - Lincolnwood Review
- Eastlake retirement ceremony takes proper care of worn-out American flags (with video)
The stars and stripes across Eastlake's Boulevard of 500 Flags blew from powerful gusts Sunday morning as veterans and residents watched the burning of a few worn-out American flags in this year's flag retirement ceremony.
June 17, 2013 - The News-Herald
- Body shop owner resists the urge to restore 1947 pickup
Immediately after acquiring his 1947 Ford pickup, Steve Belknap was faced with a crossroads. The Barrington body shop owner says some enthusiasts would eagerly and completely overhaul the tired, worn-out vehicle, but he opted for a different direction.
June 17, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Ben Roethlisberger in International Herald Tribune
We've been playing well at times and other times we haven't here late in the year,quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "We need to get back on track. We have some pretty worn-out guys here from a long season so far, but it's that time of...