ferric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or containing iron
- Under the influence of these pigments and light, the ions regroup themselves into the ferric form-two positive units linked with three negative units.
- Ore is dissolved in hydrochloric acid; the iron oxide dissolves to become ferric chloride; and when an electric current passes through the solution, the positively charged iron .
- Artificial rubies and sapphires of various colors are made from alumina, by the addition of varying chromic or ferric oxides.
News & Articles
- Rockwell Medical climbs on anemia drug data
Shares of Rockwell Medical Inc. jumped Thursday after the company reported successful results from a late-stage trial of its anemia drug. THE SPARK: Rockwell Medical said the drug, called soluble ferric ...
July 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Rockwell Medical's iron deficiency drug succeeds in trial
(Reuters) - Rockwell Medical Inc said a late-stage trial of its experimental iron deficiency drug met the main goal of improving hemoglobin levels in patients with chronic kidney disease. The company's shares rose 52 percent to $5.74 in heavy trading before the bell. The study was the first of two planned late-stage trials, and tested Soluble Ferric Pyrophosphate (SFP) in adult patients with ...
July 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Chakraborty in Times of India
Reacting to the study, arsenic scientist Dipankar Chakravarty from Jadavpur University in Kolkata told TOI: "Undoubtedly, this is one of the approaches for removing arsenic from contaminated water, like aluminium, hydrated ferric oxide, membrane and...