- n someone who is no longer alive
- v move away from a place into another direction
- v be at variance with; be out of line with
- v leave
- v go away or leave
- v remove oneself from an association with or participation in
- v wander from a direct or straight course
- s well in the past; former
relics of a departed era
- s dead
our dear departed friend
- Those departed relatives, of course.
- Proving the power of an Oprah association, one recently departed celebrity has surpassed searches for living celebrities like Kate Beckinsale, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Ultimate .
- Having escaped to New Jersey, they still suffer the manifold curses of the old country, still shiver in the chilly shadow of the departed Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo.
News & Articles
- Ross-led charter management group aims to improve Jalen Rose academy
Chad Halcom - Doug Ross, who departed as Detroit Public Schools ' chief innovation officer in February, gets back into the education restructuring business July 1, when his American Promise Schools organization assumes the management of Jalen Rose Leadership Academy in Detroit.
June 16, 2013 - Crain's Detroit Business
- Fortress Grosse Pointe: In world of school choice, community says 'stay out'
Since Michigan has adopted school choice, waves of students have departed the Detroit Public Schools for neighboring districts. How has this change affected the region? (Bridge illustration/A.J. Jones)GROSSE POINTE -- When Dan Roeske was running for the Grosse Pointe Public...
June 16, 2013 - MLive.com
- Competition to replace departed Harrison wide-open
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The battle to replace departed outside linebacker James Harrison is turning into a three-man race for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
June 12, 2013 - KENS 5 San Antonio
- Martin Scorsese in The Press Association
He said: "When Leo was in Titanic and Romeo And Juliet, nobody saw him becoming a bad a** in movies like The Departed. But he has become one of the greatest actors of all time. The very same could be true for Rupert."
- Brad Grey in FOXNews
I loved working on 'The Departed' and will always think of it as one of the best times of my career,Grey said in a statement.
- John Negroponte in Washington Post
What is not known is whether people are holding back _ maybe we're not seeing the kind of the ferment yet that one might expect to see once Mr. Castro has definitively departed the scene,said Negroponte, who has been nominated by President...