foregone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be earlier in time; go back further
- v do without or cease to hold or adhere to
- v lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime
- s well in the past; former
dreams of foregone times
- I think that's a foregone conclusion, in my view, at this juncture given where things are.
- In West Pakistan, a political upheaval is a foregone conclusion in the wake of defeat and dismemberment.
- Guilty sentences for clients such as these are usually foregone conclusions.
News & Articles
- Just the beginning for UNC baseball
It wasn’t supposed to be this hard. No, it was supposed to be a foregone conclusion, a walk in the park, a — dare I say it — home run. And for the first few months of the season, it looked like it would be. The North Carolina baseball team, a preseason No. 1 team by most, was an unparalleled force.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Tar Heel
- Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon Sees Career-Related Plastic Surgery on the Rise
LOS ANGELES, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It's a foregone conclusion in our modern world that people in show business have been known to have "a little work done" from time to time. However, ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Shareholders Approve Plan to Split News Corp.
The vote was something of a foregone conclusion because the Murdoch family controls almost 40 percent of the voting shares.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Kent Desormeaux in International Herald Tribune
I had no horse,Desormeaux said, in stark contrast to Dutrow's unabashed pronouncements to the very end that a Triple Crown victory was "a foregone conclusion."
- Damon Hill in SkySports
Your closest, most significant competitor is your team-mate,added Hill. "But when you've a team-mate as good as Jenson, it's not a foregone conclusion. Lewis has the mindset of a driver, under a normal state of affairs, that sees him being...
- Jerry Colangelo in The Associated Press
I think that it's a foregone conclusion that a number of the guys who represented us in the Olympics for one reason or another will not be participating probably this summer,Colangelo said. "Many of them will not and that's OK with us,...