delighted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give pleasure to or be pleasing to
- v take delight in
- v hold spellbound
- s greatly pleased
- s filled with wonder and delight
- Even then, Chanel clothes were as high-priced as any Paris couturier's: but only Chanel delighted in having her styles copied--and made accessible at low cost to millions.
- He said that he is, and I quote, delighted to support John McCain.
- What really surprised and delighted web viewers was the cavalry charge of the returning buffalos, who put themselves in the path of the predators to save the good-as-gone baby.
News & Articles
- Guild Home Improvements Delighted to Build Partnership with SEODesk
Guild Home Improvements, the Surrey based double-glazing, windows, doors and conservatory specialists, are delighted to announce that they have entered into a business partnership with SEODesk (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10825713.htm
June 15, 2013 - PRWeb
- Rugby-Lions won't whinge or be provoked - Gatland
By Nick Mulvenney SYDNEY, June 15 (Reuters) - Coach Warren Gatland was delighted that his British and Irish Lions had not reacted to provocation on Saturday and promised the management would not enter any war of words off the pitch in the run-up to the test series against the Wallabies. The Lions made it five wins in five matches with a comprehensive 47-17 victory over the New South Wales ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Greta Van Susteren ‘Delighted’ By Palin’s Return To Fox: ‘It Will Drive Her TV Critics Crazy!’
Responding to the news that former Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin will return to Fox News as a contributor beginning next week, On the Record host Greta Van Susteren told POLITICO that she is "delighted" and knows the news will provide fodder for Palin's "obsessed" critics.
June 13, 2013 - Mediaite
- Geoff Miller in Setanta Sports
With regard to the award of central contracts, I am delighted that Stuart Broad has won an England central contract for the first time,said Miller. "Stuart has made rapid progress over the past year and adapted extremely well to the...
- Jermain Defoe in Sportinglife.com
Defoe said: "I'm lost for words, what a moment for me. As a young lad, you dream about doing it one day. I had another chance early on in the second half. I was disappointed because I should have done better. But we won the game and I'm delighted. I...
- Tony Blair in CNN International
I'm absolutely delighted to give my full support to Gordon as the next leader of the Labour Party and prime minister,Blair said. "I will endorse him fully."