charmed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v attract; cause to be enamored
- v control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft
- v protect through supernatural powers or charms
- v induce into action by using one's charm
She charmed him into giving her all his money
- s strongly attracted
- s filled with wonder and delight
- And the charmed Einhorn, convicted of a horrific murder, will have won a sentence that defies logic and human consideration: Life in the south of France.
- This season she charmed the front row with a collection inspired by 1950s souvenir scarves and the quirky tchotchkes (beaded bags, raffish straw hats and embroidered suede .
- It's my music that has charmed them.
News & Articles
- Father-Son Duo Reinvent Drug Testing With 'Digital Lab Rats'
In 2008, François-Henri Boissel was leading a charmed life. He was a young, successful investment banker working in Tokyo, Japan. And then the market crashed. He thought of sticking it out, waiting until things improved, but then he remembered a conversation he¿d had with his father, Jean-Pierre, in the summer of 2007, and it started gnawing at him.
June 12, 2013 - Wired News
- Photos: Tallest Man On Earth at Variety Playhouse
June 9, 2013 - Swedish, modern twang troubadour The Tallest Man On Earth (Kristian Matsson) made a stop at Variety Playhouse Sunday night. A sold-out crowd was charmed by Matsson who's currently out on a short tour supporting his latest release There's No Leaving Now .… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 10, 2013 - Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Kabang The Snoutless Dog Goes Home To The Philippines [Video]
Kabang, the snoutless dog that charmed the internet, was recently allowed to go home to the Philippines. The canine shot to international fame after the pooch saved her owner’s daughter and niece from a speeding motorcycle in Zamboanga city. Kabang lost her snout and part of her lower jaw as a result of the accident. [...] Kabang The Snoutless Dog Goes Home To The Philippines [Video] is a post ...
June 9, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Johnny Depp in Washington Post
What I didn't expect was he was going to be such a great actor,Depp said. "It was like a gunslinger who arrived in the town, charmed all the women and impressed all the men and then split."
- Desmond Tutu in The Times
We are a wonderful country with many talented people who want to contribute their skills, but are marginalised because they do not belong to the charmed circle of a particular political affiliation,Tutu said in launching an exhibition...
- Nelly Furtado in CTV.ca
The Juno Awards are part of the Canadian fabric and to be asked to host is a privilege I'm charmed to accept,commented Nelly Furtado in an exclusive eTalk interview that aired Monday on CTV. "Hosting The Juno Awards is a dream come true...