charming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v attract; cause to be enamored
- v control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft
- v protect through supernatural powers or charms
- v induce into action by using one's charm
- s pleasing or delighting
endowed with charming manners
a charming little cottage
a charming personality
- s possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers
- Nor would we have had the opportunity to read her charming but pugnacious slice-of-life portraits of Cuba, which she has been sending out through cyberspace since April 2007 as the .
- This charming notion represents a cultural sea change.
- This stint as a performer she was apparently charming but no Piaf led her to take up with the local swells and become the backup mistress of Etienne Balsan, a playboy who .
News & Articles
- Arden Gild to present Shakespeare’s ‘Much Ado’
One of the most popular and charming of Shakespeare's comedies, Much Ado About Nothing features Benedick, an arrogant and confirmed bachelor, and Beatrice, his favorite sparring partner. While Beatrice and Benedick hide their infatuation beneath witty barbs, young love blossoms as Hero and Claudio race to the altar. When the wicked Don John conspires to break up the wedding, will false ...
June 14, 2013 - Garnet Valley Press
- Mister Thrift: Being cheap for a cause
Renee Hansen/Senior Staff Writer A bell chimes a charming tune as a father and his young, pony-tailed daughter walk through the doors. The owner doesn’t miss a beat, making his way from the register toward the visitors, dodging the antique grandfather clock standing majestically by the front counter. “Do you want to pick out a [...]
June 14, 2013 - North Texas Daily
- The Fractalist: The Memoir of Benoit Mandelbrot, Mathematical Maverick
The Fractalist: Memoir of a Scientific Maverick is a charming glimpse into the marvelously complex mind of maverick mathematician (and physicist, and economist, and artist) Benoit Mandelbrot, the father of fractal geometry.
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Barack Obama in Times Online
Mr Obama added: "It was an exception . . . I think we got carried away a little bit. Generally what makes them so charming is the fact that they're not spending a lot of time worrying about TV cameras or politics and we want to keep it that way. I...
- Simon Cowell in Forbes
Cowell called it his "best performance so far," while Abdul praised him as "charming and sexy."
- Mitt Romney in International Herald Tribune
He's a charming fellow. He's a celebrity worldwide,Romney told a Toledo, Ohio interviewer. "But he's not ready to lead the United States of America."