- v dispose or incline or entice to
We were tempted by the delicious-looking food
- v provoke someone to do something through (often false or exaggerated) promises or persuasion
He lured me into temptation
- v give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting
the window displays tempted the shoppers
- v induce into action by using one's charm
- v try to seduce
- v try presumptuously
St. Anthony was tempted in the desert
- The outbreak of communal conflict has raised the nightmarish prospect of an even wider and more destabilizing war that would tempt the country's neighbors to intervene on behalf of .
- Aides warn you not to stray, lest you tempt the snipers positioned in the shadows around the compound.
- The student protest movement puts Khatami in a bind: The threat of chaos and a conservative backlash may tempt him to distance himself from the .
News & Articles
- Astrological Forecasts for 06/21/2013
Aries (March 21-April 19) : Today is an 8 -- Happy Summer Solstice! Surrender to sweet words from someone you trust. Home takes top priority this month. An escape may tempt, so keep communication open, even if you don't go there. Get outside and play.
June 21, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Fairytale Brownies Offers Quick Recipe Ideas for Summer Cool Down
Fairytale Brownies' new Summer 2013 catalog will arrive in homes this week and tempt customers with a cover photo and recipe suggestion for a Fairytale Mint Chocolate Milkshake. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10846296.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Ryanair CEO sees larger Chinese jet in early 2020s
PARIS (Reuters) - China's Comac could build a larger version of its C919 aircraft in the early 2020s to tempt airlines away from dominant global planemakers Airbus and Boeing , the head of Irish low-cost ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Carla Bruni in Rediff
If it comes, I'd be the happiest person in the world, but if it doesn't come, I'm not going to tempt the Devil. If life doesn't give me another child, well, it has given me so much already,Bruni said.
- Michael Owen in AFP
I shall cling to the hope I can play for England but people must accept that Newcastle have to come first at the moment,Owen told the News of The World. "I don't want to tempt fate by making a premature forecast. Medical advice will decide...
- Brendan Cannon in Reuters UK
I really didn't have any option,Cannon said. "As much as I wanted to play on and represent the Western Force and the Wallabies, I really couldn't. It would have been very silly for me to tempt fate again, particularly with a much greater...