- s greatly pleasing or entertaining
a delightful surprise
the comedy was delightful
- One of the cheeriest French customs is that whenever the President goes off on an official visit he takes with him all kinds of costly and delightful presents.
- Its roster of supporting characters is as broad, delightful and well-drawn as any ensemble drama's.
- While college-age women "will be tempted to lay caution and responsibility aside," warned an expert, "I challenge them to enjoy a delightful, 'fun in the sun' break from school.
- Alastair Stewart in Contactmusic.com
Her public face was that of the polished professional. Privately she was just a lovely, generous and delightful person,ITV News presenter Alastair Stewart said.
- Condoleezza Rice in Washington Post
Following their meeting, Rice said, "It was really delightful to meet the president. I know it has been a struggle for Lebanon to get to the election of its president. But I come away knowing that Lebanon has succeeded in electing a very fine man....
- Colin Firth in www.thisisthesentinel.co.uk
Sporting a beard, Firth said the idea of being in the movie was "delightful and mortifying".