backed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be behind; approve of
I backed Kennedy in 1960
- v travel backward
The car backed up and hit the tree
- v give support or one's approval to
- v cause to travel backward
- v support financial backing for
- v be in back of
- v place a bet on
- v shift to a counterclockwise direction
the wind backed
- v establish as valid or genuine
- v strengthen by providing with a back or backing
- a having a back or backing, usually of a specified type
- s used of film that is coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light
- In a surprising boost for the Obama Administration Middle East agenda, Lebanon's American-backed ruling coalition maintained its majority in parliament after the country voted in .
- You see, Wall Street financier David Pullman, who in 1997 rocked investors with "Bowie bonds," backed by royalties on the songs of David Bowie, is planning to create securities .
- In it, she supported full civil rights for gays and lesbians and backed AIDS education programs for the city of Dallas.
News & Articles
- Carlyle-backed GDC Technology sets terms for $75 million IPO
GDC Technology, a China-based provider of digital cinema servers backed by Carlyle, announced terms for its IPO on Wednesday. The North Point, Hong Kong-based company plans to raise $75
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Chinese firms continue to scoop up VC-backed cleantech startups for cheap
VC-backed LED startup Luminus Devices has been sold off to a Chinese lighting company. Following in the footsteps of solar, electric cars, and batteries, LED technology is now also getting bought up by Chinese players.
June 12, 2013 - GigaOM
- Traffic backed up on I-24 at Missionary Ridge because of debris in road
Traffic on northbound I-24 at Missionary Ridge is backed up because of debris, according to TDOT.
June 12, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Timothy Geithner in guardian.co.uk
President Obama - backed by the conclusions of a broad range of economists - believes that China is manipulating its currency,wrote Geithner, expressing a view that the previous treasury secretary, Henry Paulson, was unwilling to voice.
- Gordon Brown in FOXNews
The impact of today's announcements on public finances will be temporary, investments will be held for no longer than is necessary to ensure stability,Brown said. "We will protect taxpayers' interests, liabilities will be backed by assets...
- AJ Smith in Sports Network
The decline in the housing market set off a domino effect across our economy. When home values declined, borrowers defaulted on their mortgages, and investors holding mortgage-backed securities began to incur serious losses...... Investment banks... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg AHN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7012421765&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHSKFCXFPtY9JKJtNMhxiyAmgH-eQ Sep 24, 2008
7362 10649 backer Matt is one of this team's rising young defensive players," said general manager AJ Smith. "He has played solid football when called upon at the inside 'backer position and has been very productive as a special teams player. We are pleased...