- n a contest with rules to determine a winner
you need four people to play this game
- n a single play of a sport or other contest
the game lasted two hours
- n an amusement or pastime
they played word games
he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time
his life was all fun and games
- n animal hunted for food or sport
- n (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- n (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win
the game is 6 all
he is serving for the game
- n the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- n a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
I saw through his little game from the start
- n the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game
the child received several games for his birthday
- n your occupation or line of work
he's in the plumbing game
- n frivolous or trifling behavior
for actors, memorizing lines is no game
for him, life is all fun and games
- v place a bet on
- s disabled in the feet or legs
a game leg
- s willing to face danger
- For decades, museum curator Irving Finkel has been on the trail of a 4,600-year-old board game.
- PTI's critics present the top ten movies, TV shows, books, fashion trends, video games, theater, comics, music, and more of 2006.
- A PTI web exclusive timeline of the development of the modern video-game console.
News & Articles
- Game of Thrones Finale: Charles Dance on Tywin Masterminding the Red Wedding
Game of Thrones Finale: Charles Dance on Tywin Masterminding the Red Wedding Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 7:59 pm, Sunday, June 9, 2013 Game of Thrones' Season 3 finale revealed yet another side to Tywin Lannister: politician, father and... wedding ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Game 3s are crucially important to NBA Finals participants — just ask Dwyane Wade
The stats don’t lie — the third game of the NBA Finals, pitched in the middle of a 2-3-2 home/away format, is the most crucial song of the series. If the Finals truly are a one-sided affair, Game 3 can … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - Ball Don't Lie via Yahoo! Sports
- Game 2 of Heat-Spurs scores 10.2 Nielsen rating
Game 2 of the NBA Finals, played Sunday night between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs, received a 10.2 overnight rating from the Nielsen Company.
June 10, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Paul Goydos in AFP
It's almost a mythical number in our game,Goydos said. "I've gone from clubbing a ball in the backyard all the way to the moon, and missed all the steps in between."
- Joachim Loew in The Associated Press
I am sure the Spanish can win any game,Germany coach Joachim Loew said, "because they are dominant and it's hard to contain their attack."