- n a return made with the back of the hand facing the direction of the stroke
- v hit a tennis ball backhand
- a (of racket strokes) made across the body with back of hand facing direction of stroke
- s (of handwriting) having the letters slanting backward
- His best stroke is the backhand which he uses for nine out of ten returns.
- backhand deals the alleged tax evasions of tennis star steffi graf's father grow more astounding.
- He chased only the shots he was sure he could get and he surprised the crowd by pounding steadily to Rosewall's backhand, probably the best in amateur tennis.
News & Articles
- Rafael Nadal captures eighth French Open crown
Rafael Nadal lines up a backhand. / Kenzo Tribouillard, AFP/Getty Images PARIS - Scrambling into corners and unleashing topspin-laden winners, Rafael Nadal used his favorite surface to show his fragile knees are far from done.
June 9, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- A Review of Nadal’s Look, Mannerisms and Game
Video footage of Rafael Nadal showed how he has toned down his image, added mannerisms before his serve and strengthened his backhand and serving motion.
June 8, 2013 - New York Times
- Tennis - Youth Beginner - Bird - Tennis - Youth Beginner - Bird
Beginners will receive instruction in forehand, backhand, and serve, as well as, tennis rules and etiquette. Participants should bring a racquet and tennis balls.
June 7, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Rafael Nadal in International Herald Tribune
I am doing a lot of things better than last year,Nadal said. "Slice better. The position on court, in my opinion, I felt like this is better. Playing more aggressive with the forehand all the time, and the backhand is feeling well, too."
- Andy Roddick in Jamaica Gleaner
I took his best stuff for five sets and I thought I was going to get him to break or to fold,Roddick said. "I thought if I kept it on him long enough that would happen. Tonight he played like a great, great player. His backhand was...
- Jelena Jankovic in Forbes
Getting revenge, it feels so good,Jankovic said. "I'm like a wounded animal. I still keep going. It was an unbelievable match. I am still shaking. I came out very strong, and I was going for my shots. Especially my backhand down the line...