- n (sports) a return made with the palm of the hand facing the direction of the stroke (as in tennis or badminton or squash)
- a (of racket strokes) made with palm facing direction of stroke
- That forehand is the central component of a style that tennis experts call "counter-punching.
- He was a teen heartthrob, a proto-Leo with a roaring forehand and a leonine mane (hair, yes, Andre once had hair, streaked with fancy colors).
- The disk is launched with a forehand flick of the wrist.
News & Articles
- AP PHOTOS: From Williams' revenge to Nadal's final forehand, some images from the French Open
Rafael Nadal takes down David Ferrer with a final ferocious forehand. Serena Williams gets redemption from her previous year's loss to Maria Sharapova with a victory over the defending champ. But even before these final wins there were great shots by a range of players.
June 9, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- AP PHOTOS: Nadal and Williams reign at French Open
Rafael Nadal takes down David Ferrer with a final ferocious forehand. Serena Williams gets redemption from her previous year's loss to Maria Sharapova with a victory over the defending champ. But even before these final wins there were great shots by a range of players. Here's a gallery of images from the French Open.
June 9, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Familiar ending concludes Rafa's journey back
By Martyn Herman PARIS (Reuters) - It was a familiar routine, a rasping forehand winner, a joyful backwards fall to the dirt in celebration then sinking his milky white into the Musketeers' Cup, but Rafa Nadal's romp to an eighth French Open title felt extra special on Sunday. Not because the level of his tennis in a routine 6-3 6-2 6-3 win over grand slam final debutant, fellow Spaniard and ...
June 9, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Roger Federer in USA Today
He no longer plays short balls as he did in the past,Federer said. "You can no longer attack him on his forehand, as I could in the past. He is getting much more aggressive, and it's becoming much more difficult."
- Rafael Nadal in International Herald Tribune
I am doing a lot of things better than last year,Nadal said. "Slice better. The position on court, in my opinion, I felt like this is better. Playing more aggressive with the forehand all the time, and the backhand is feeling well, too."