- v establish a forest on previously unforested land
- s covered with forest
efforts to protect forested lands of the northwest
- It may sound utterly implausible, but just 20 minutes from the yammering streets and sooty sidewalks of Hong Kong's downtown heart is a ridgetop world of forested uplands and .
- But in more heavily forested areas, the flies are easily hidden in the bush.
- This may explain why there is so little visible security at Putin's dacha, Novo-Ogarevo, the grand Russian presidential retreat set inside a birch- and fir-forested compound west .
News & Articles
- Moonrise Kingdom - Melted sunshine on film
In Moonrise Kingdom, the 2012 film by Wes Anderson, two wayward and love-struck twelve-year-olds run away together to the wilderness. Suzy (Kara Hayward) is the oldest child of two lawyers; Sam (Jared Gilman) is an orphan attending Khaki Scout summer camp on the densely forested New England island w...
June 24, 2013 - Ann Arbor Observer
- Denver Post: To live in the forest
Colorado’s latest bout with devastating wildfires is another opportunity to ask some sobering questions about how and whether we should build communities in forested areas going forward and what the true costs are of living in the wildland-urban interface — also known as the WUI.
June 23, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Oregon boy injured after falling 15 feet from rope swing
CAMAS, Wash. – A 13-year-old boy fell an estimated 15 feet onto his head from a rope swing over a creek near Camas Friday, officials said. Just after 3 p.m., rescue personnel responded to a steep forested canyon near Dahlia Street in Camas, said Nick Swinhart, Fire Chief of the Camas-Washougal Fire Department. Rescuers found the teen with trauma to his face and head. He was also reportedly in ...
June 22, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Greg Walden in KTVZ
Without funding for the vital county payments program, I could not support this bill,Walden said. "The measure before the House today funds essential federal government programs, but it ignores the over 600 forested counties and 4,400...
- Chris Stringer in The Guardian
These people probably used the rivers as routes into the landscape. A lot of Britain might have been heavily forested at the time, which would have posed a major problem for humans without strong axes to chop trees down,Stringer added....
- Swarupananda in Thaindian.com (blog)
Some churches are located in remote forested areas. It may not be safe for some people to return home after performing midnight mass at those churches. We have advised people to perform mass at relief camps itself,Swarupananda Patra, general...