- a of concern to or concerning the affairs of other nations (other than your own)
a foreign office
- a relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
a foreign accent
on business in a foreign city
- s not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something
the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper
jealousy is foreign to her nature
- s not belonging to that in which it is contained; introduced from an outside source
foreign particles in milk
- He's been criticized for a lack of foreign policy experience.
- To restore American power, Obama needs a foreign policy that recognizes its limits.
- In the meantime, she met another foreign student, Lolo Soetoro, at the University of Hawaii.
News & Articles
- Foreign holdings of US Treasury debt drop in April
Foreign holdings of US Treasury debt drop in April Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 7:04 am, Friday, June 14, 2013 China, the largest foreign buyer of Treasury debt, reduced its holdings 0.4 percent to $1.26 trillion. The gain shows overseas investors are still buying U.S ...
June 17, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Foreign Investment in Canada Securities at 7-Month High in April
Foreign Investment in Canada Securities at 7-Month High in April
June 17, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Canadian foreign securities purchases increase more-than-expected
Investing.com - Foreign investors' acquisitions of Canadian securities increased more-than-expected in April, led by corporate debt instruments, official data showed on Monday. In a report,
June 17, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Ben Bernanke in Reuters
In collaboration with our colleagues at the Treasury, we continue to carefully monitor developments in foreign exchange markets,Bernanke said, citing worry about inflation and also signaling limits to official tolerance of the dollar's fall.
- William Hague in Xinhua
While there is no evidence that any British officer was directly engaged in torture in the aftermath of 9/11, there are questions over the degree to which British officers were working with foreign security services who were treating detainees in... David Cameron http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cameron&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE3fAq8g6-iI8HkyqcCrBC0CERH6Q AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hR6nRBwe8wLDbLyud8_fWhMc_SGQ&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHPAqTqSiNNzrt0tOYU-Ko8sDbiWQ Jul 6, 2010
38991 50323 foreign He said that the government's vision for foreign affairs was a distinctive British foreign policy that is active in Europe and across the world, that builds up British engagement in the parts of the globe where opportunities as well as threats...