native : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an indigenous person who was born in a particular place
the art of the natives of the northwest coast
- n a person born in a particular place or country
he is a native of Brazil
- n indigenous plants and animals
- a characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin
the native North American sugar maple
many native artists studied abroad
- a belonging to one by birth
my native land
one's native language
- a characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning
- s as found in nature in the elemental form
- Chilies are native to South America, where people have been cultivating and trading them for at least 6,000 years.
- Even if learning Chinese was not on your to-do list, this language lesson offers engaging repartee between the hosts a native and non-native speaker who discuss the nuances .
- A native named Akva came stumbling into the military post at Ponthierville.
News & Articles
- Bayfield native gets x2018choppedx2019 x2013 literally and figuratively
Bayfield native and chef Owen Clark made it down to one of two finalists on Food Networkx2019s reality cooking show x201cChopped.x201d The episode dubbed x201cCleaver Feverx201d aired Tuesday night. Turns out, it was Clark who inspired the episodex2019s name. In the second of three rounds, Clark was preparing a leg of lamb for...
June 12, 2013 - The Durango Herald
- Native American High School Students Sample University Life
Thirty Native American high school students will get a taste of college life when they arrive at the University of California, Riverside on June 23 for the Gathering of the Tribes, the longest-running program of its kind in Southern California.
June 11, 2013 - UC Riverside
- Native Mainer escapes Santa Monica shooter
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (NEWS CENTER) -- A native Mainer is among those who narrowly escaped being killed during the shooting rampage at Santa Monica College Friday.
June 11, 2013 - WCSH 6 Portland
- Steve Jobs in Computerworld
Let me just say it: We want native third-party applications on the iPhone,Jobs said.
- Mark Myers in Reuters
Before we can make decisions about our future use of oil and gas and related decisions about protecting endangered species, native communities and the health of our planet, we need to know what's out there,said USGS Director Mark Myers.