- n a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
- n anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- n a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
- v transfer property or ownership
The will aliened the property to the heirs
- v arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness
She alienated her friends when she became fanatically religious
- s not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something
an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism
- s being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world
- The aliens have introduced modern machinery like computers and airplanes.
- A skeptical look at the filmmaker's alien abduction show .
- Attrition through Enforcement: Reduce the number of illegal aliens through increased enforcement against unauthorized alien workers and their employers.
News & Articles
- 14 Drug and Illegal Alien Arrests in Orleans County
The Orleans County Major Felony Crime Task Force made 14 drug and illegal alien arrests ending an eight month long investigation.
June 21, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- ‘Alien’ starts Tuesday night Capitol Summer Movie Series
The Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., kicks off a Tuesday night Summer Movie Series on June 25 at 7 p.m. with a presentation of the 1979 sci-fi horror film "Alien."
June 20, 2013 - Rome Sentinel
- Ke$ha Alien Sighting ... In Her Leg? (VIDEO)
Ke$ha seemingly saw an alien last night and released a paranormal video. Although in the past she has claimed she's slept with a ghost, no video or proof of that ever surfaced, so this is something on a whole other, much more newsworthy level.
June 20, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Sam Brownback in Guardian Unlimited
The judge, Army Col. Peter Brownback, said he had no choice but to throw the Khadr case out because he had been classified as an "enemy combatant" by a military panel years earlier - and not as an "alien unlawful enemy combatant."
- Rowan Williams in Sydney Morning Herald
Certain provisions of Sharia are already recognised in our society and under our law, so it's not as if we're bringing in an alien and rival system,said Williams, who gave a speech on the topic on Thursday night.
- Stephen Fry in Independent
Stephen Fry, who gave the lecture, said that television drama suffered from "infantilism" and that "if you are an adult, you want something surprising, savoury, sharp, unusual cosmopolitan, alien, challenging, complex, ambiguous, possibly even...