noncitizen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
- But the noncitizen figure plummeted over the following seven elections.
- And those same agents have plenty of other duties--finding noncitizen criminals, investigating employers who exploit illegals, helping fight the drug war--that stretch manpower .
- And noncitizen residents and refugees saw their scores rise an impressive 13 points.
- John Paul Stevens in Washington Post
The severity of deportation - the equivalent of banishment or exile - only underscores how critical it is for counsel to inform her noncitizen client that he faces a risk of deportation,said Justice John Paul Stevens, who wrote the opinion...
- Lindsey Graham in Philadelphia Inquirer
Allowing a noncitizen enemy combatant detained in a combat zone access to American courts would have been a change of historic proportions,Graham said. "It also would have dealt a severe blow to our war effort."
- Steve Buyer in NavyTimes.com
Buyer said he did not understand "how more than $100 million for noncitizen, nonresident Filipino veterans of World War II will help stimulate the US economy. I hope Americans will stop to ponder the distorted values of those who crafted this bill."