front : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the side that is forward or prominent
- n the line along which opposing armies face each other
- n the outward appearance of a person
he put up a bold front
- n the side that is seen or that goes first
- n a person used as a cover for some questionable activity
- n a sphere of activity involving effort
the Japanese were active last week on the diplomatic front
they advertise on many different fronts
- n (meteorology) the atmospheric phenomenon created at the boundary between two different air masses
- n the immediate proximity of someone or something
he was well behaved in front of company
- n the part of something that is nearest to the normal viewer
he walked to the front of the stage
- n a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals
he led the national liberation front
- v be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
- v confront bodily
- a relating to or located in the front
the front lines
the front porch
- Amid food scares and environmental woes, some Americans are transforming their neatly trimmed front yards into a showcase for nature's bounty.
- There is going to be a second fronta land frontagainst Germany in western Europe.
- In a wide-ranging conversation, the Iowa front-runner addresses his foreign policy miscues, his style of leadership and his bristling reaction to Mitt Romney's attacks.
- Jeffrey Loria in MiamiHerald.com
We still have a long season in front of us,Loria told his aide to type into a news release, "and plenty of time to turn things around."
- Tiger Wood in AFP
All the US Opens that I've won I've had one stretch of nine holes,said Woods, whose three US Open victories include his record-setting 15-stroke triumph here in 2000. "It doesn't have to be on a back nine or a front nine, just a nine-hole...
- Xavi Hernandez in The Press Association
We played as we wanted to,he said. "Now it is a final against Holland, a great team playing great football with great players in midfield and up front. We will have to impose our personality and football on them."