- s shockingly brutal or cruel
murder is an atrocious crime
- s exceptionally bad or displeasing
- s provoking horror
an atrocious automobile accident
- I first met Warren when I hosted a blog for her and her HLS students to chronicle the progress of the 2005 Bankruptcy Bill, an atrocious piece of legislation rammed through .
- While many Muslim experts and organizations say the images in Fitna are shocking and atrocious, they are nothing new.
- Whence did the will grow to do something so atrocious? In many ways, bin Laden's story is like that of many other Muslim extremists.
News & Articles
- Very Weak 3 Year Bond Auction Prices At Highest Yield Since July 2011, Lowest Bid To Cover Since 2010
If there is one word to describe today's 3 Year $32 billion auction it would be atrocious . With the When Issued stopped at 0.577%, the closing high yield tailed notably at 0.581%, a dramatic spike from last month's 0.354% and the highest yield since July 2011, indicating substantial turbulence on the surface. Beneath the surface it was the same story, with the Bid To Cover plunging from 3.38 to ...
June 11, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Mets demote Ike, 2 others as Fish stench fills up Citi
It was a day of absolute ugliness at Citi Field, and it ended with an organizational bloodletting. After the Mets dropped their second straight game to the atrocious Marlins — this one an 8-4, 10-inning disaster — manager Terry Collins delivered a stern postgame message to his team and general manager Sandy...
June 10, 2013 - New York Post
- Tiger Wood in International Herald Tribune
I didn't make any putts today. It was frustrating,Woods said. "I've just struggled all week. The putts that I hit well I misread. And then I've hit just atrocious putts and didn't even come close. I've got to clean it up for tomorrow."
- Temple Grandin in FOXNews
This is atrocious animal abuse,Grandin said after PETA sent her the video.
- Kevin Harvick in USA Today
Our stops were atrocious,Harvick said. "The thing was fast, but it doesn't matter if you can't do a pit stop."