monstrous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s abnormally large
- s shockingly brutal or cruel
no excess was too monstrous for them to commit
- s distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous
twisted into monstrous shapes
- The first four were totalitarians who made or used revolutions to create monstrous dictatorships.
- By 1971, only the Imperial LeBaron was left and it shared the monstrous slab-sided "fuselage" styling of corporate siblings like the Chrysler New Yorker and the Dodge Monaco.
- Slaughterhouse-Five is a cynical novel, but beneath the bitter, grim-jawed humor is a desperate, painfully honest attempt to confront the monstrous crimes of the 20th century.
News & Articles
- Battle of the Braids - Whose Plaited Look Do You Love More? Vote!
(Photos by Getty) At last night's Monster's University premiere, the stars brought out the braid inspiration in monstrous proportions—a twist on the Heidi braid here, your new go-to hat hair there—in other words, it's almost scary how cute these three hairstyles are. (Nearly as frightening as, ahem, our addiction to pinning braid ideas ...) Tell us, which look is your favorite? Beth Behrs ...
June 18, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Wyndham chief brands top Dubai hotels 'monstrous' | hoteliermiddleeast.com
The head of one of the world’s largest hospitality groups has branded Dubai’s most grandiose hotels as “monstrous” and said he is not interested in building such properties. Eric Danziger said Wyndham Group, which has nearly 7400 hotels with 15 brands across the world, was planning to rapidly boost its presence in the Gulf, particularly in Dubai and Saudi Arabia, but he would not be lured by ...
June 17, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- Monstrous summer reading is educational fun
West Street Family Resource Center is offering its Monstrous Summer Reading Program for all children in the community. The reading workshops are from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. each Monday, at the center sometimes referred to as the "old West Street...
June 15, 2013 - Corning Observer
- Gordon Brown in guardian.co.uk
The facade of her prosecution is made more monstrous because its real objective is to sever her bond with the people for whom she is a beacon of hope and resistance,Brown said.
- Martina Hingis in New York Times
I find this accusation so horrendous, so monstrous, that I have decided to confront it head-on by talking to the press,said Hingis, 27. "My weapon on the tennis court is and always was one single thing: the game, the ingenuity on court....
- Winston Churchill in Daily Camera
Churchill said: "You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable...