- s causing fear or dread or terror
a dreadful storm
- s exceptionally bad or displeasing
- s very unpleasant
- From the dreadful Octopussy, this love ballad presses all the wrong buttons.
- He'll probably get off, but I've come to believe that a public excoriation of this dreadful man is a necessary cathartic.
- And fasting "makes one feel so dreadful.
News & Articles
- Juan Antonio Bayona to direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful'
LOS ANGELES, June 19 (UPI) -- Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona is to helm the first two installments in the eight-episode drama series "Penny Dreadful," Showtime announced.
June 19, 2013 - UPI
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful'
By Tim Kenneally LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Juan Antonio Bayona, director of "The Orphanage" and "The Impossible," has been tapped to direct the first two episodes of "Penny Dreadful," the Sam Mendes-produced drama series coming to Showtime. The eight-episode series, which re-teams Mendes with "Skyfall" writer John Logan - who created, wrote and is executive producing the series - is billed as ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- 'The Impossible' Filmmaker Juan Antonio Bayona Will Direct the First Two Episodes of Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful'
Penny Dreadful,Showtime's upcoming "psychosexual horror series" executive produced by Sam Mendes ("American Beauty") has snagged an impressive director for its first two episodes. Spanish filmmaker Juan Antonio Bayona ("The Impossible") will helm the first two of the eight installments in the season, which will begin shooting in London in the fall.Created, written and executive produced by ...
June 18, 2013 - indieWIRE
- David Cameron in The Sun
He told a packed chamber: "It was a dreadful day but it is also a day that will remain, I believe, a symbol of the enduring bravery of the British people."
- Cherie Blair in The Associated Press
Across the world, widows suffer dreadful discrimination and abuse,Blair said. "In too many cases they're pushed to the very margins of society, trapped in poverty and left vulnerable to abuse and exploitation."
- David James in BBC Sport
The ball is dreadful. It's horrible, but it's horrible for everyone,said James. "There will undoubtedly be goals scored in this tournament which in previous tournaments with different balls wouldn't have been scored. It will allow extra...