frightful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s provoking horror
a frightful crime of decapitation
- s extreme in degree or extent or amount or impact
in a frightful hurry
spent a frightful amount of money
- s extremely distressing
a frightful mistake
- The weather outside is frightful, but video games are delightful.
- The organizers asked Sieber if he might get back to them with less frightful scenarios threats better scaled to the Games they intended to stage.
- Last week the agreement fell through, threatening what to Rome is that most frightful of events: schism.
News & Articles
- A "Chemical Safety" Bill That Everyone Should Oppose
A bill introduced in the U.S. Senate numbered S. 1009, called the “Chemical Safety Improvement Act,” is a proposal to supposedly “modernize” and “update” federal law governing the regulation of toxic substances such as formaldehyde, asbestos and lead. But this 127-page bill gives new and frightful powers to the EPA to strangle economic growth and the constitutional rights of average Americans ...
June 6, 2013 - Injury Board