acquiring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of acquiring something
I envied his talent for acquiring
- v come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
- v take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- v come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- v locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
- v win something through one's efforts
- v gain knowledge or skills
- v gain through experience
- A return to his roots and a victory lap of sorts, acquiring the Journal poses for Murdoch perhaps his greatest test as a publisher.
- In that case, there would be several nations, among them Iran, who would certainly be interested in acquiring used components.
- Successfully acquiring the crucial horses.
News & Articles
- Oracle's Ellison may be interested in second Hawaiian airline
By Malia Mattoch McManus HONOLULU (Reuters) - Billionaire Oracle CEO Larry Ellison may be interested in acquiring a second Hawaii airline after he bought most of the tropical island of Lanai last year. Island Air, a Honolulu-based carrier with a handful of island-hopping planes that Ellison bought in February, confirmed discussions between Island and Phoenix-based Mesa Air Group, the parent ...
June 22, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- SoftBank CEO expects Sprint deal to close in early July
SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son is confident that his company’s deal to acquire Sprint will close early next month, Reuters reported. Dish Network was originally looking to counter SoftBank’s offer, but the company abandoned its bid earlier this week to focus on acquiring ClearWire. That effort might not work out either. The pressure from Dish, however, forced SoftBank to revise its offer for Sprint ...
June 22, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- FedEx Acquires Southern African Biz
In a move to expand globally, FedEx Corp. is acquiring service provider, Supaswift and its subsidiaries that offer FedEx Express international services in Southern Africa.
June 21, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in UPI.com
There should be no doubt -- the United States and the international community are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons,he said.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in National Post
The United States is determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons,Ms. Clinton said to applause at the AIPAC meeting.
- Ken Lewis in AFP
Acquiring one of the premier wealth management, capital markets and advisory companies is a great opportunity for our shareholders,Bank of America Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ken Lewis said in a statement of the 35-million-euro deal....