- n an unhappy and worried mental state
she didn't realize the upset she caused me
- n the act of disturbing the mind or body
his carelessness could have caused an ecological upset
- n a physical condition in which there is a disturbance of normal functioning
everyone gets stomach upsets from time to time
- n a tool used to thicken or spread metal (the end of a bar or a rivet etc.) by forging or hammering or swaging
- n the act of upsetting something
he was badly bruised by the upset of his sled at a high speed
- n an improbable and unexpected victory
the biggest upset since David beat Goliath
- v disturb the balance or stability of
The hostile talks upset the peaceful relations between the two countries
- v cause to lose one's composure
- v move deeply
This book upset me
- v cause to overturn from an upright or normal position
- v form metals with a swage
- v defeat suddenly and unexpectedly
The foreign team upset the local team
- s afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
too upset to say anything
- s thrown into a state of disarray or confusion
with everything so upset
- s used of an unexpected defeat of a team favored to win
the Bills' upset victory over the Houston Oilers
- s mildly physically distressed
an upset stomach
- s having been turned so that the bottom is no longer the bottom
the upset pitcher of milk
- In the message he told two top Gonzales aides that the Attorney General was "extremely upset" that his deputy, Paul McNulty, had told the Senate Judiciary committee the day before .
- TV commercials spiel endlessly about "acid upset.
- A stormy crossing from England on a small steamer had upset his stomach.
News & Articles
- NW Indiana woman upset DNR euthanized fawn
A northwest Indiana woman who rescued a deer fawn that got entangled in barbed wire and brought it to an animal hospital is upset the state Department of Natural Resources ordered it be euthanized.
June 15, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- NW Ind. woman upset that DNR euthanized a fawn
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP) — A northwest Indiana woman who rescued a deer fawn that got entangled in barbed wire and brought it to an animal hospital is upset the state Department of Natural Resources ordered it be euthanized.
June 15, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend
- Woman upset that DNR killed a fawn
A northwest Indiana woman who rescued a deer fawn that got entangled in barbed wire and brought it to an animal hospital is upset the state Department of Natural Resources ordered it be euthanized. Read more at www.WISHTV.com
June 14, 2013 - WISH-TV Indianapolis
- David Beckham in Los Angeles Times
I am upset but (want) to thank everyone for their messages of support,Beckham said in a statement posted on his Web site before his arrival. "I hope to make a swift and full recovery."
- Barack Obama in Washington Times
We certainly believe that success should be rewarded,Mr. Obama said. "But what gets people upset -- and rightfully so -- are executives being rewarded for failure. Especially when those rewards are subsidized by US taxpayers."
- Carl-Henric Svanberg in The Associated Press
It is clear that Tony has made remarks that have upset people,said Svanberg, who made a misstep of his own this week when he said BP cares "about the small people."