- n a physical condition in which there is a disturbance of normal functioning
the doctor prescribed some medicine for the disorder
- n a condition in which things are not in their expected places
the files are in complete disorder
- n a disturbance of the peace or of public order
- v disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed
- v bring disorder to
- For eating disorder educators, the very language of the sites can provide invaluable hints into a troubled psyche.
- People with borderline personality disorder are some of psychology's hardest cases.
- Few things imprison a mind quite like obsessive -compulsive disorder, but better treatments are breaking its hold.
News & Articles
- Genzyme Convenes 14th Annual North American Lysosomal Storage Disorder Registries Meeting
Genzyme, a Sanofi company , today announced that the 14th North American Lysosomal Storage Disorder Registries Meeting will take place June 13-14 in Chicago, Illinois.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Fighter in St. Clair Co. died of cardiac arrhythmic disorder
Port Huron — An autopsy has found that a Nigerian man who collapsed and died after a mixed martial arts match in Michigan was killed by cardiac arrhythmic disorder.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit News
- Posttraumatic stress disorder treatment: Genetic predictor of response to exposure therapy
There is growing evidence that a gene variant that reduces the plasticity of the nervous system also modulates responses to treatments for mood and anxiety disorders. In this case, patients with posttraumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, with a less functional variant of the gene coding for brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), responded less well to exposure therapy.
June 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- Christian Bale in Washington Post
The Joker claims the only things you can believe in are chaos and disorder,Bale said. "There is some truth to that."
- Keith Vaz in guardian.co.uk
The committee chairman, Keith Vaz, said: "We cannot have on one hand a world of alcohol promotions for profit that fuels surges of crime and disorder, and on the other the police diverting all their resources to cope with it."
- Lindsay Lohan in New York Post
Even though it's our personal business as to why she's in rehab, she knows that she has issues, and obviously, if you're in rehab you're not there for an eating disorder,Dina Lohan said. "There have been several interventions and I'm happy...