- v move deeply
- v change the arrangement or position of
- v tamper with
- v destroy the peace or tranquility of
- v damage as if by shaking or jarring
- s having the place or position changed
the disturbed books and papers on her desk
disturbed grass showed where the horse had passed
- s afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
lapsed into disturbed sleep
- s emotionally unstable and having difficulty coping with personal relationships
- s affected with madness or insanity
- He was not disturbed when bald, squat Julius Streicher, the Jew baiter, had snarled at him: "The Bolsheviks will hang you, too, some day.
- In 1985, when the first rumblings of Gorbachev's thunder disturbed the moldy Soviet silence, the holy fools on the street the people who always gather at flea markets and .
- His urgent, crescendoing lament during the prison-riot scene of Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers raised eyebrows among qawwali purists (Khan himself admitted that he was disturbed .
News & Articles
- Bar needs to go, sheriff says
Neighbors of a Lee Road nightclub where a man was killed early Friday say it is not the first time their peace has been disturbed by patrons, and the Warren County sheriff says it’s time to shut down the Starlight Lounge.
June 22, 2013 - The Vicksburg Post
- Bridgeport Standoff Ends Peacefully
BRIDGEPORT — A disturbed man who locked his ex-girlfriend out of her home Wednesday night and screamed and threw things at police for hours was arrested after officers get into the apartment, police said.
June 21, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- In the Summer of 'White House Down,' 'The Attack' Is Ideal Counterprogramming
If you believe what the blockbusters tell you, evil comes from distant places and disturbed individuals out of touch with reality. Anyone paying attention to the way the world works knows that it's more complicated than that. The harsher truths about enemies that come from within, and terrible behavior that results from calculation and ideological convictions, tends to get sidelined by escapism ...
June 21, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Condoleezza Rice in Reuters
I told him that I was sorry and I told him that I myself would be very disturbed if I learned that somebody had looked into my passport file,Rice told reporters at the start of a meeting with Brazil's defense minister.
- Mwai Kibaki in Reuters India
I am deeply disturbed by the senseless violence instigated by some leaders,Kibaki told reporters on the lawn of his residence. "Those who continue to violate the law will face its full force."
- John Bolton in guardian.co.uk
I am very disturbed by this deal,Mr Bolton said. "It sends exactly the wrong signal to would-be proliferators around the world: 'If we hold out long enough, wear down the state department negotiators, eventually you get rewarded.'"