distressed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bring into difficulties or distress, especially financial hardship
- v cause mental pain to
The news of her child's illness distressed the mother
- s facing or experiencing financial trouble or difficulty
distressed companies need loans and technical advice
- a generalized feeling of distress
- s suffering severe physical strain or distress
he dropped out of the race, clearly distressed and having difficulty breathing
- s afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
distressed about her son's leaving home
- Workers at this jeans factory in the Chinese boomtown put out 10,000 pairs a day, almost all of them in the fashionable "distressed" style.
- That direction led to UrbanAmerica, the first real estate investment company to focus on distressed urban areas, a market sinfully ignored by most moneymen.
- He hit the jackpot three seasons ago when Kate Moss strolled through London carrying his Roxanne bag--a slouchy duffel in distressed leather.
News & Articles
- Lawler: Table of Distressed Sales and Cash buyers for Selected Cities in May
Economist Tom Lawler sent me the table below of short sales, foreclosures and cash buyers for several selected cities in May. Look at the two columns in the table for Total "Distressed" Share.
June 13, 2013 - Calculated Risk
- Clinic to help foreclosure cases
Financially distressed Shelby County homeowners now have help available to prevent foreclosure on their homes thanks to new eligibility guidelines set forth in the Indiana Hardest Hit Fund.
June 13, 2013 - The Shelbyville News
- The Most Overvalued And Undervalued Housing Markets In America
Las Vegas is once again a hotspot of the housing market. Home prices in Sin City have surged more than 20% in the past year, in part because Wall Street institutions have poured billions into the area’s distressed inventory, snapping up single-family homes and converting them to rentals. As demand has soared for foreclosures, prices among that bottom-tier price point have jumped, pushing up the ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Marcel Rohner in Forbes
Conditions in the US mortgage and housing markets have continued to deteriorate, and we have updated our loss assumptions to the levels implied by the current distressed market for mortgage securities,Chief Executive Officer Marcel Rohner...
- Desmond Tutu in New York Times
We are shamelessly succumbing to Chinese pressure,Mr. Tutu told a South African newspaper, The Sunday Tribune, a statement his office confirmed on Monday. "I feel deeply distressed and ashamed."
- Nicole Kidman in Forbes
Kidman said she was "really, really scared" during the car ride and that she was "in tears and distressed" by the time she reached her parents' house.