stressed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to stress, single out as important
- v put stress on; utter with an accent
- v test the limits of
- s suffering severe physical strain or distress
he dropped out of the race, clearly distressed and having difficulty breathing
- a bearing a stress or accent
an iambic foot consists of an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable as in `delay'
- Even at the best of times, Hong Kong is one of the world's more stressed-out cities.
- Scientists found that children whose parents described themselves as stressed and anxious were 50% more likely to develop asthma than kids with non-stressed parents at least .
- Commissioner Alexander Schmidt stressed that the FDA found "no evidence of a public health hazard" from products made with the dye; according to one manufacturer, a human would .
News & Articles
- What Men Really Want
Father’s Day 2013 arrives on Sunday. Here’s what we have to show for it: According to a survey conducted by Today Moms , more than half of the 7,000 mothers polled feel more stressed out by their husbands than they do by their kids.
June 15, 2013 - Fox News
- L.A. Film Fest: 'Winter in the Blood' depicts life on reservation
Filmmakers Alex and Andrew Smith were thrilled but stressed Thursday afternoon as the debut of their passion project, "Winter in the Blood," about life on an Indian reservation, rapidly approached.
June 14, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Madrid cannot afford to go trophy-less, admits Modric
The Croatia international has stressed that a team of Los Blancos' stature should do better, but he has nothing but praise for former manager Jose Mourinho.
June 14, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in Mirror.co.uk
No10 said: "The Prime Minister stressed the economic importance of BP to the UK, US and other countries. The President made it clear that he had no interest in undermining BP's value."
- John McCain in ABC News
There's only one thing worse than an over-stressed Army and Marine Corps, and that's a defeated Army and Marine Corps,said McCain, a Vietnam veteran and a 2008 Republican presidential hopeful. "I believe this is a recipe that will lead to...
- Nancy Pelosi in Guardian Unlimited
We stressed our belief that it is well past time for the Iraqis to take primary responsibility for the security of their nation,Pelosi said in a statement after she and the other six members of her delegation met with the Iraqi prime minister...