- v give extra weight to (a communication)
- v to stress, single out as important
- I emphasise that this alarm reaction is not present under pure sleep loss' as I have just described.
- I'm sure he was doing it to emphasise a certain point he was trying to make, but I'm not that stupid that I wouldn't get it if you didn't say it to me twice.
- I like to emphasise on the word 'humans' since our beloved media often fail to appreciate that there is no differance.
- Barack Obama in Telegraph.co.uk
Speaking afterwards, Mr Obama said: "This $20 billion will provide substantial assurance that the claims people and businesses have will be honoured. It's also important to emphasise this is not a cap."
- Donovan in The Herald
It's not a failure if we don't win on Saturday (today), but there's such a massive opportunity to do something so much more special. And I really want to emphasise that to everybody, and make sure we understand that,Donovan, who struggled to...
- Nicola Sturgeon in Times Online
Last night Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish Health Secretary, said: "I'd like to express my condolences to the patient's family and friends. They have my heartfelt sympathy. I would like to emphasise that the vast majority of those who have H1N1 are...