interrupt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out
- v make a break in
We interrupt the program for the following messages
- v destroy the peace or tranquility of
Don't interrupt me when I'm reading
- v interfere in someone else's activity
Please don't interrupt me while I'm on the phone
- v terminate
She interrupted her pregnancy
- This is the flaw that makes Jem interrupt the boasting of a lineage-proud dowager to ask "Is this the Cousin Joshua who was locked up for so long?".
- "A recent study said that most doctors interrupt their patients within 11 seconds .
- He's had to interrupt it after breaking his collarbone in a biking accident, but he summed up his preliminary conclusions a couple of weeks ago:.
News & Articles
- Smith takes command of Nationwide standings
Smith wins Nationwide race BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) -- The rain drops splashed down on the pavement at Michigan International Speedway about an hour after Regan Smith's victory Saturday. Too late to interrupt the race -- and that was fine with Smith and crew chief Greg Ives. "I've had a lot of different situations over the years, of weather and how it plays into it," Ives said. "I had the radar on ...
June 16, 2013 - Sentinel & Enterprise
- Smith hangs on to win Nationwide race
BROOKLYN, Mich. 8212 The rain drops splashed down on the pavement at Michigan International Speedway about an hour after Regan Smith's victory Saturday.Too late to interrupt the race 8212 and that was fine with Smith and crew chief Greg Ives.
June 16, 2013 - Times Leader
- Bryce Miller: Hawkeyes football opener will set tone
We interrupt the fading days of spring with a question to ponder between now and the time footballs take flight … When was the last time Iowa played a bigger season-opener in helmets and shoulder pads than the one parked on Aug. 31 against Northern Illinois? And when did a season-starter with that much on [...]
June 15, 2013 - The Iowa City Press-Citizen
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
These two regimes [Iran and Syria] are allowing terrorists and insurgents to use their territory to move in and out of Iraq,Mr Bush said."We will disrupt the attacks on our forces. We'll interrupt the flow of support from Iran and Syria....