- v make an effort or attempt
- v put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- v put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of
- v take a sample of
- v examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
- v give pain or trouble to
- v test the limits of
You are trying my patience!
- v melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities
- v put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice
- s hard to endure
fell upon trying times
- s extremely irritating to the nerves
a trying day at the office
- The teenager is trying to grasp the responsibilities and freedoms that come with entering the second epoch of life that between childhood and adulthood.
- Yeah, FYI: I'm pretty sure that if you're trying to do that Trojan Horse thingy as a strategy, you don't tell people about it.
- Finance costs will rise as the economy recovers, so trying to time real estate might not pay off.
News & Articles
- Mom accused of trying to kill 4 of her 6 kids
A Taylor County mother accused of trying to kill four of her six children to spare them the pain of her divorce is charged with four felonies. Heidi S. Mann of Rib Lake was charged Thursday with four counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide. If convicted the 37-year-old faces a maximum penalty of 240 years in prison. The criminal complaint quotes Mann as telling investigators she ...
June 20, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- Suspect Trying To Set Man On Fire Sets Self On Fire Instead
The suspect was trying to set a man on fire who was in a bathtub when he set himself on fire instead. Wichita Police are looking for him.
June 20, 2013 - KAKE Wichita
- Jamaica Trying to Become Animation Industry Hub
Jamaica trying to position itself as a next hub of global animation industry
June 20, 2013 - ABC News
- Diego Forlan in Sportinglife.com
I had some tiredness in my thigh when I started the game and it was difficult,he said. "I was limping and I was trying to stay in the game but in the end I could not help anybody. I hope to be fit for Saturday, I want to play for that...
- Joe Johnson in The Associated Press
Staying in Atlanta provides the best opportunity to win today and in the future,he said. "My five years with the Hawks have been the best of my career, and I look forward to my teammates and I trying to reach our ultimate goal together,...
- Rod Thorn in The Associated Press
We've never had anything like this in my time that I can remember,New Jersey Nets president Rod Thorn said. "There have been big-time free agents before, but never this many teams that are trying to woo them. So it's unprecedented."