- n the process of using your mind to consider something carefully
thinking always made him frown
- v judge or regard; look upon; judge
- v expect, believe, or suppose
- v use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments
I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere
- v recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
- v imagine or visualize
- v focus one's attention on a certain state
- v have in mind as a purpose
- v decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting
- v ponder; reflect on, or reason about
- v dispose the mind in a certain way
- v have or formulate in the mind
- v be capable of conscious thought
- v bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation
- s endowed with the capacity to reason
- Although not an educational reformer, he championed a way of thinking about children that provided the foundation for today's education-reform movements.
- Perhaps he was thinking small.
- Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero in The Associated Press
I am concerned about the octopus,Zapatero said. "I'm thinking about sending in a team to protect the octopus because obviously it was very spectacular that he should get Spain's victory right from there."
- Robert Gates in Los Angeles Times
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates told reporters that he was impressed with the general's "strategic insight and independent thinking."