- v get or find back; recover the use of
- v go for and bring back
retrieve the car from the parking garage
- v run after, pick up, and bring to the master
train the dog to retrieve
- v recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
- Battle Tested A military robot designed for search and rescue can retrieve injured soldiers from the battlefield.
- Sharing his fervor, his tattered guerrillas vaulted daunting obstacles to crush France's desperate attempt to retrieve its empire in Indochina; later, built into a largely .
- Doctors who helped retrieve the bodies, many of which were horribly broken, also found some whose injuries might not have been fatal had help come more quickly.
News & Articles
- Nation + World
Ray Miller, left, hugs his wife Cindy before he heads into the burn zone with a police escort Friday, June 14, 2013 to try to retrieve medication from their home that was burned to the ground in the Black Forest fire near Colorado Springs, Colo. Little more than 36 hours after it started in the Black Forest area northeast of Colorado Springs, the blaze surpassed last June's Waldo Canyon fire as ...
June 15, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- History buffs unearth frontier cabin
DURYEA 8212 Mark Dziak knelt down in the woods to retrieve a shard of blue-flecked pottery from between the roots of an old tree, sending a long-legged spider scurrying for cover as he lifted the nickel-sized ceramic chunk out of the dirt.
June 15, 2013 - Times Leader
- Colorado Springs man loses home to wildfire but saves dogs
Kyle Kirkland explained how he risked his own safety to retrieve his three canine companions. Reversing the old adage, man became dog’s best friend.
June 15, 2013 - FOX 31 Denver
- Vince Cable in Independent
Mr Cable asked the Chancellor, Alistair Darling: "How many people are we talking about, how much money is involved, what are the steps that are going to be taken to retrieve the overpayments - which I understand in some cases is going back decades...
- Osama bin Laden in International Herald Tribune
My speech is about the Gaza siege and the way to retrieve it and the rest of Palestine from the hands of the Zionist enemy,bin Laden said. "Our enemies did not take it (Palestine) by negotiations and dialogue but with fire and iron. And...