- n a request by the manufacturer of a defective product to return the product (as for replacement or repair)
- n a call to return
the recall of our ambassador
- n a bugle call that signals troops to return
- n the process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort)
he has total recall of the episode
- n the act of removing an official by petition
- v recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
- v go back to something earlier
- v call to mind
- v summon to return
The ambassador was recalled to his country
- v cause one's (or someone else's) thoughts or attention to return from a reverie or digression
She was recalled by a loud laugh
- v make unavailable; bar from sale or distribution
The company recalled the product when it was found to be faulty
- v cause to be returned
recall the defective auto tires
- A routine childhood vaccine is being recalled, sparking a shortage but no real health risks.
- When it comes to consumer recalls, do we care more about our pets than our children?.
- The recall of Complete MoisturePlus, which the CDC says may be linked to a blinding eye condition, is just the latest problem for solutions.
News & Articles
- Long Beach City College recall effort stalled by procedural errors
A recall effort against four Long Beach City College trustees, who voted to cut several vocational programs, has been fraught with paperwork errors and procedural failures.
June 12, 2013 - Long Beach Press-Telegram
- Recall group delivers 13K names
The group working to recall state Sen. Angela Giron, D-Pueblo, delivered more than 13,000 signatures to the Colorado Secretary of State's office in Denver on Monday.
June 11, 2013 - The Pueblo Chieftain
- Dodge Dart recall: Chrysler recalls 15,000 Darts; engines can stall
DETROIT (AP) -- Chrysler is recalling about 15,000 new Dodge Dart compact cars worldwide because the engines can stall in cold weather. The recall affects 2013 model year cars with 1.4-liter four-cylinder engines and dual-clutch automatic transmissions.
June 11, 2013 - The Kentucky Post
- Gordon Brown in International Herald Tribune
As the police and security services have said on so many occasions, we face a serious and continuous threat to our country,Brown said. "But this incident does recall the need for us to be vigilant at all times and the public to be alert at...
- Barack Obama in Politico
On this solemn day of remembrance, we pause to recall that 95 years ago one of the worst atrocities of the 20th century began,Obama said in a statement Saturday.
- Naomi Campbell in Radio Netherlands
According to a declaration, Ms Campbell said that "she had been awakened in the night by knocking at her door. She opened the door to find two or three men, she does not recall how many, who presented her with a large diamond which they said was...