- v get worse or fall back to a previous condition
- v go back to bad behavior
- Premarital Murdock flagrantly contradicts his own anthropology and science when he advocates that we should retrogress thousands of years into the primitive "gland-motivated .
- As soon as Jewish immigration is cut off, Jewry in Germany will retrogress.
- If the world rejects Roosevelt leadership it will stay exactly where it is today, and humanity will continue to suffer and retrogress.
- Xiao Yang in China Daily
We will never go back to the situation 26 years ago and retrogress,Xiao Yang, president of the Supreme People's Court, said on the sidelines of the annual session of the country's top legislature.
- Emmie Chanika in AllAfrica.com
What we must do now is find a mechanism of training as many nurses as possible. We need to produce nurses in thousands every year to meet our growing demand, failing which we will continue to retrogress in the delivery of health services,...
- Grace Bumbry in guardian.co.uk
Grace Bumbry, who was born the year Gershwin died and played Bess at the Metropolitan in 1985, said: "I thought it beneath me, I felt I had worked far too hard, that we had come too far to have to retrogress to 1935. My way of dealing with it was to...