believe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v accept as true; take to be true
I believed his report
We didn't believe his stories from the War
She believes in spirits
- v judge or regard; look upon; judge
I believe her to be very smart
- v be confident about something
I believe that he will come back from the war
- v follow a credo; have a faith; be a believer
When you hear his sermons, you will be able to believe, too
- v credit with veracity
You cannot believe this man
Should we believe a publication like the National Enquirer?
- While Raelians do not believe in the eternal life of the soul, they do believe that the Elohims scientific advancements have allowed them to provide eternal life to a relatively .
- However, I do believe in off-setting the demonization characteristics they put out or the demonization profiles they put out of me.
- Says Bader, "If you ask whether people believe in guardian angels, a lot of people will say, 'sure.
News & Articles
- Investigators believe driver fell asleep before crashing into creek
Investigators said they believe a driver fell asleep at the wheel moments before crashing into a creek Friday morning in Fox Chapel. According to police, the car veered off Squaw Run Road and ended up in a nearby creek. The car was badly damaged, including part of the roof snapping off. The driver, whose name hasn’t been released, wasn’t seriously injured, officials said.
June 21, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- 'Believe': Sienna Guillory leaving NBC's midseason drama
NBC's new drama "Believe" is parting ways with one of the stars of its pilot, Sienna Guillory.Her exit is not, however, going to lead to recasting her role. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Guillory (the "Resident Evil" franchise) is being written out of the show after the pilot as part of a different approach in the writers' room."Believe," created by Alfonso Cauron ("Children of Men") and ...
June 20, 2013 - Zap2It
- Believe It or Not, GM Is Ranked No. 1 for Quality
It's hard to believe how far Detroit's Big Three automakers have come in such little time since the recession and ensuing bailouts. Here's more proof that domestic automakers are fighting to disprove stereotypes of poor quality.
June 20, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Barack Obama in New York Times (blog)
War is bigger than any one man or woman, whether a private, a general or president,Mr. Obama said. "As difficult as it is to lose General McChrystal, I believe it is the right decision for national security."
- Walt Disney in The Press Association
The firm said in a statement: "We believe this verdict is fundamentally wrong and will aggressively seek to have it reversed."
- Colin Powell in International Herald Tribune
While calling her "distinguished," Powell added, "I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president."