- n something (as property) held by one party (the trustee) for the benefit of another (the beneficiary)
he is the beneficiary of a generous trust set up by his father
- n certainty based on past experience
he put more trust in his own two legs than in the gun
- n the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others
the experience destroyed his trust and personal dignity
- n a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit competition by controlling the production and distribution of a product or service
they set up the trust in the hope of gaining a monopoly
- n complete confidence in a person or plan etc
the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust
- n a trustful relationship
he betrayed their trust
- v have confidence or faith in
We can trust in God
- v allow without fear
- v be confident about something
- v expect and wish
I trust you will behave better from now on
- v confer a trust upon
The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret
- v extend credit to; I won't pay her debts anymore"
don't trust my ex-wife
- While the sale of Getty stock greatly enhanced the trust's value, the Georgettes argued that the deal violated provisions of the trust and that Gordon, who sings and composes opera .
- Iraq: 53% trust Bush to handle the situation in Iraq, while 41% trust Kerry.
- I trust that a sufficient number of Senators who have not been seduced to political apostasy by the family sap bucket, or gorged into stupefaction by buckwheat cakes and Vermont .
News & Articles
- Gabelli Multimedia Trust's Series B Cumulative Preferred Stock Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
On 6/17/13, Gabelli Multimedia Trust's 6.00% Series B Cumulative Preferred Stock (NYSE: GGT.PRB) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.375, payable on 6/26/13. As a percentage of GGT.PRB's recent share price of $25.40, this dividend works out to approximately 1.48%, so look for shares of GGT.PRB to trade 1.48% lower — all else being equal — when GGT.PRB shares open for trading ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Gabelli Healthcare & Wellness Trust's Series A Cumulative Preferred Shares Ex-Dividend Reminder
On 6/17/13, Gabelli Healthcare & Wellness Trust's 5.76% Series A Cumulative Preferred Shares (NYSE: GRX.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.36, payable on 6/26/13. As a percentage of GRX.PRA's recent share price of $26.75, this dividend works out to approximately 1.35%, so look for shares of GRX.PRA to trade 1.35% lower — all else being equal — when GRX.PRA shares open ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Trust Us, NSA Leader Says After Leaks on Surveillance
Americans need to trust the government isn’t violating their civil rights after a 29-year- old contractor exposed classified programs to collect broad Internet and telephone-call data, the National Security Agency’s director said.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Barack Obama in ABC News
McChrystal's comments, as detailed in the Rolling Stone article, "does not meet the standards that should be set by a commanding general," the president said. "It undermines the civilian control of the military...... and it erodes the trust...
- Joe Biden in Vancouver Sun
New construction in East Jerusalem and the West Bank undermines that mutual trust and endangers the proximity talks that are the first step towards the full negotiations that both sides say want and need. And it exposes daylight between Israel and... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg Asia Times Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LC24Ak02.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFde3dpueYgZbsRPGQ0csTb4EkOfQ Mar 23, 2010
102352 135859 trust Biden described it as precisely the kind of step that undermines the trust we need right now."