- n the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
- n an inclination to want things
a man of many desires
- n something that is desired
- v feel or have a desire for; want strongly
- v expect and wish
- v express a desire for
- In fact, a woman's sexual desire may continue for years after menopause.
- The desire has to be there already in order for them to work.
- The unauthorized tell-alls burst with miscarriages, abortions, rest cures and frenzied press conferences announcing her desire to be left alone.
News & Articles
- Phillies Have "No Desire" To Trade Top Pitchers
The Phillies have struggled to stay competitive this season and have been rumored to be a trade deadline seller for weeks, but GM Ruben Amaro Jr. doesn't plan on moving his most valuable pitching assets. Amaro told reporters (including ESPN's Jayson Stark) on Friday that he has "no desire to trade those guys. At all," referring to Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels and Jonathan Papelbon. "My job is to try ...
June 15, 2013 - MLB Trade Rumors
- Men's desire for progeny a factor in menopause? Maybe, maybe not
HAMILTON, Ontario, June 14 (UPI) -- Man's desire for younger women may be a factor in women's reproductive development, a/k/a menopause, researchers at McMaster University in Ontario said.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Desire in cleats
Desire in cleats ReMax fielder Derek Hill, left, appears to retire a Masonic Lodge Warrior baserunner during Bartlesville Area Amateur Baseball 14-and-under league action last week. Tonight, the BAAB will begin its last scheduled week of the regular season. The league championship tourney is scheduled for next week. Tonight’s action begins at 6 p.m., with Oilfield Pipe taking on ReMax and league ...
June 10, 2013 - Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise
- President Bush in AFP
I understand Israel's desire to protect itself and that the situation now taking place in Gaza was caused by Hamas,Bush said.
- John McCain in Dallas Morning News
For those who doubt the president's desire and commitment to succeed in Afghanistan, his nomination of General Petraeus to run this war should cause them to think twice,said Sen. John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Reuters India
The United States has refrained from commenting on the election in Iran. We obviously hope that the outcome reflects the genuine will and desire of the Iranian people,said Clinton, on a short visit to Canada.