- n a state of extreme poverty
- n the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable
for want of a nail the shoe was lost
- n anything that is necessary but lacking
I tried to supply his wants
- n a specific feeling of desire
- v feel or have a desire for; want strongly
I want to go home now
I want my own room
- v have need of
This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner
- v hunt or look for; want for a particular reason
Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI
Uncle Sam wants you
- v wish or demand the presence of
I want you here at noon!
- v be without, lack; be deficient in
want the strength to go on living
flood victims wanting food and shelter
- I want to punch the wine bully in the face," he says.
- They don't want to be like the characters in Gossip Girl (only 16% of whose viewers are actually teen girls) or America's Next Top Model; they just want to look like them, to try .
- The soon-to-debut new anchor of NBC's Today show talks about morning viewers, working moms who want to have it all and how The View has become a joke.
News & Articles
- Want Tebow Pats jersey? Sorry
OK, jersey honks: We know what you want. Once the news broke, you couldn’t WAIT to get your hands on a brand new Tim Tebow Patriots jersey, right? What should you get? The home blue? The road white? Maybe the throwback red or white? Maybe you’ll splurge and get all four.
June 13, 2013 - MSN
- Want a ticket? Name the price
If you want to call TiqIQ the Expedia of ticketing services, well, CEO Jesse Lawrence has no problem with that.
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Want more time off? Some employers let you buy it
Want more time off? Some employers let you buy it Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 6:38 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 Some companies allow their workers to buy and sell vacation time, a perk that gives workers more flexibility in managing their time off. A soon-to-be released ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Dan Gilbert in New York Times
He said "this shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown 'chosen one' sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn."
- Bert van Marwijk in The Associated Press
We play well,Netherlands coach Bert Van Marwijk said. "Spain plays well, but they are more attractive and this is where we want to get, too."
- Joe Barton in The Associated Press
I want the record to be absolutely clear that I think BP is responsible for this accident,he said. "If anything I said this morning has been misconstrued, in opposite effect, I want to apologize for that misconstruction."