- n a specific feeling of desire
he got his wish
he was above all wishing and desire
- n an expression of some desire or inclination
I could tell that it was his wish that the guests leave
- n (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare
my best wishes
- n the particular preference that you have
it was his last wish
they should respect the wishes of the people
- v hope for; have a wish
I wish I could go home now
- v prefer or wish to do something
- v make or express a wish
I wish that Christmas were over
- v feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
- v order politely; express a wish for
- v invoke upon
wish you a nice evening
- My biggest wish is not that this disposable's price comes down.
- The Raelian marriage celebrates partnerships of people who wish to live together, with a benevolent look to future separations.
- But I wish I could say it had never happened.
News & Articles
- Make A Wish
The Make-A-Wish Foundation is in the business of making children's dreams come true.That's exactly what it did for a young girl in a small community outside of Dallas.
June 23, 2013 - KIII Corpus Christi
- How can you help? Wish list from nonprofit organizations, June 23
Following is a wish list of items and volunteer opportunities from nonprofit organizations in Racine County. They were provided by local nonprofit organizations.
June 23, 2013 - The Journal Times
- ‘Wish You Were Here’: a frustrating vacation puzzle
A movie review of “Wish You Were Here,” an Australian mystery-thriller dominated by Joel Edgerton’s fearless performance as a compromised married man.
June 20, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Mark McGwire in CNN
Now that I have become the hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals,McGwire said, "I have the chance to do something that I wish I was able to do five years ago."
- Tiger Wood in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
I miss his guidance,Woods said. "I wish I could have guidance through all this -- to have him help straighten me up. I know he would have done it."
- Barack Obama in New York Times
Every nation and every group must know, whether you wish America good or ill, that the end of the war in Iraq will enable a new era of American leadership and engagement in the Middle East,Mr. Obama said. "And that era has just begun."