- n a similar kind
dogs, foxes, and the like", "we don't want the likes of you around here
- n a kind of person
We'll not see his like again
- v prefer or wish to do something
Would you like to come along to the movies?
- v find enjoyable or agreeable
I like jogging
She likes to read Russian novels
- v be fond of
I like my nephews
- v feel about or towards; consider, evaluate, or regard
How did you like the President's speech last night?
- v want to have
I'd like a beer now!
- a resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination
suits of like design
a limited circle of like minds
members of the cat family have like dispositions
as like as two peas in a pod
a dreamlike quality
- a equal in amount or value
gave one six blows and the other a like number
- a having the same or similar characteristics
all politicians are alike
they looked utterly alike
friends are generally alike in background and taste
- s conforming in every respect
the like period of the preceding year
- Political organizing for Democrats in red states like Nebraska can often feel a bit like leading AA meetings.
- Like mother, like daughter .
- Hollywood has taught us what to expect: a trusty sidekick like R2-D2, a gleaming robo-maid like The Jetsons' Rosey or a cyberassassin like .
News & Articles
- Like Father, like sons — Utah priest’s boys follow him into the priesthood
Like Father, like sons — Utah priest’s boys follow him into the priesthood by Peggy Fletcher Stack The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 14, 2013 10:09AM MDT Following a centuries-old tradition, the young future deacon from Salt Lake City enters the Greek Orthodox sanctuary in Denver. The bishop blesses him in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Christopher Gilbert then is led by the ...
June 14, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Kate Hudson Loves Lip Balm Like Men Love Sex
Sounds like Kate Hudson's lips are always kissable! The Almay brand ambassador revealed she has quite the obsession when it comes to keeping her pretty pout...
June 14, 2013 - E! Online
- Tatooine-Like Alien Planets Could Host Life
Luke Skywalker would be proud. Planets like Skywalker's fictional home of Tatooine in the "Star Wars" movie series might have more potential for habitability than planets in other systems, research suggests.
June 13, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in CNN
We agreed with the president when he said, "The millions of gallons of oil that have spilled into the Gulf of Mexico are more like an epidemic."
- Stan Van Gundy in AFP
It's gotten ridiculous,Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "It's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I've decided to stay in Cleveland but we've got another 59...
- Lance Armstrong in BBC Sport
Landis's credibility is like a carton of sour milk: once you take the first sip, you don't have to drink the rest to know it has all gone bad,he said in a statement.