ilk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a kind of person
I can't tolerate people of his ilk
- But the 3-D animations and other digital doodads created with the help of Meez and other sites of its ilk Blingee, Iconator are just plain annoying.
- By taking companies private and often loading them up with debt, Blackstone and its ilk squeeze value out of businesses while staying shielded from the impatience of the stock .
- But it's the most funny, surreal, inventive example of the explosion in creative kids' (and adult) entertainment that Nick, Cartoon Network and their ilk made possible.
News & Articles
- Spies Like Us: How We All Helped Build Prism
It used to be that the National Security Agency and its ilk had to pay through the nose for the latest in spying technology. The supercomputer specialist Cray ( CRAY ) , for example, would receive government funds and come out with a new multimillion-dollar machine specially tuned for “pattern matching” and then sell the system to three-letter agencies.
June 12, 2013 - BusinessWeek
- Thoughts & Views: Snooping makes the world go round
There’s been a lot of gnashing of teeth over The Guardian’s revelations about how Verizon – and probably others of that ilk – are willingly turning over customers’ electronic data to the government under the cover of the U.S. Patriot Act.
June 12, 2013 - Observer
- Long bans won’t stop drug cheats
* Alex Rodriguez and his ilk made their multi-millions already. Suspending A-Rod for 100 games makes no difference whatsoever to him at his stage in life. I do not see what the lessons to be learned are here. To make the kind of money A-Rod and most of his accused brethren...
June 9, 2013 - New York Post