- n an inclination to withhold approval from some person or group
- n a feeling of aversion or antipathy
my dislike of him was instinctive
- v have or feel a dislike or distaste for
I really dislike this salesman
- Dislike of opinion polls is one of the great clichs of American politics, but it's not clear exactly what people dislike.
- Many Republicans dislike John McCain with a passion that has lasted for years.
- He said to me, "I don't dislike the Chinese, only their actions.
News & Articles
- Iowa Poll: Scandals hurt Obama in Iowa
Iowans dislike the work President Barack Obama is doing, a new Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows.
June 12, 2013 - The Des Moines Register
- Crying racism
Re: Marjorie Lorraine’s June 5 letter, “IRS scandal”: Lorraine mistakenly attributed racism to dislike of many of President Obama's policies by tea party groups, concluding they are not entitled to tax exempt status and, thus, the IRS was correct in its actions.
June 11, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- Valley View by David C. Pate: Navigating the health law: One big employer's advice
There is plenty for everyone to dislike about the health care reform law, but businesses no longer have the luxury of debate. They must figure out how to comply and make decisions about how to control health care costs while ensuring the best possible health and productivity for their employees.
June 10, 2013 - The Idaho Statesman
- Sir Alex Ferguson in ESPN
United manager Sir Alex Ferguson added: "Hate is an easy word to say, easier than dislike. Maybe it is not the right word. But Wayne has had plenty of stick from Liverpool fans over the years, so it is understandable. He supported Everton as a kid...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in International Herald Tribune
The presence of foreigners in the region has been to the detriment of the nations of the region,Ahmadinejad said. "It is nothing but a humiliation to the regional nations. Their only achievements are that regional nations further dislike...