neediness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state of extreme poverty
- n the quality of needing attention and affection and reassurance to a marked degree
he recognized her neediness but had no time to respond to it
- Problem gambling, like all addictions, is at least partly rooted in poor impulse control, and if there's any place people make their want-it-now neediness known, it's in .
- But at the movie's damp little heart there is a poignant truth: all actors' desperate neediness to win the appreciation and approval of the audience, which is anyone they meet.
- But if Bill has neediness in him, he's always kept it a secret.
News & Articles
- Relationship column: How worthy of love are you?
A woman falls in love with a man. She is wild about him, and will follow him anywhere. But he has a hard time believing that she loves him, and interprets her love as neediness or loneliness. However, she is so smitten by him that she simply won’t let him go.
June 6, 2013 - Vail Daily
- Clune in Lifesite
I don't like neediness in any way. Men or women. It's nice to feel wanted and romanced and all that, but I need to have my time to do things with my friends and my family. So if somebody's calling me too much, it gives me, like, anxiety. 'Like... Scarlett Johansson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_Johansson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEmWt7n911NYRtHcoa6Qm31Dm_7Cg TheShowBuzz http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/03/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main4772504.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGKKWGAZ0oWGd8MT9bDLZkc_CFUgg Feb 3, 2009
66962 89119 neediness Following a calculated decision to try men again," Clune says that she found in her future husband Richard a "quiet kindness" and "lack of neediness" that appealed to her.
- Rowan Williams in BBC News
Dr Williams told the Sunday Telegraph: "The tragedy of where we are at present is that, at one and the same time, children are treated like adults and at other levels they are left to flounder in real immaturity and neediness."