- n the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable
there is a serious lack of insight into the problem
- v be without
This soup lacks salt
- Protests over the lack of services are an ongoing phenomenon that periodically flare up on a larger scale, say analysts, who view them as a symptom of the widespread despair felt .
- WATER PURIFIER: Thousands die every day for lack of clean water.
- There's a lot of boredom around, with a lack of opportunity, so they look for the opposite in extreme highs and camaraderie.
News & Articles
- Education notebook
Lack of clause in law stalls petition The lack of an emergency clause in a 2013 piece of legislation kept Jacksonville leaders from proceeding with plans to ask the state Board of Education last week for a special election on creating a new Jacksonville school system.
June 16, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Senators show lack of compassion with Medicaid vote
A lack of compassion — there is no vaccine for it, lotion, potion or pill, even acupuncture cannot effect a cure. Not to worry! What cannot be done medically can be done politically, at the ballot box.
June 14, 2013 - Exeter News-Letter
- Lack of water, fewer mosquitoes expected
While the lack of water is troublesome for farmers and ranchers, it does make for a shorter and lighter mosquito season for the Mason Valley Mosquito Abatement District.
June 12, 2013 - Mason Valley News
- Michael Hayden in Inquirer.net
Beyond their lack of intelligence value -- as the interrogation sessions had already been exhaustively detailed in written channels -- and the absence of any legal or internal reason to keep them, the tapes posed a serious security risk,...
- Ben Bernanke in Fresno Bee
From the borrower's point of view ...... these changes may feel like a reduction in the supply of credit,he said. "From the lender's point of view, the problem appears to be a lack of demand from creditworthy borrowers."
- Jeff Sessions in Environment News Service
Kagan's lack of judicial experience and short time as Solicitor General, arguing just six cases before the Court, is troubling,he said.